Wow! I just looked at the infocom site. What memories some of those game names bring back. I wish they were in tads instead of Inform though, so I could play them on my pac mate.
Ken Downey
The Addictor
www.TheAddictor.com

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2011 4:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Destenation mars

I'm not sure tom, sinse the game is soooo! old.

As I've said before all the old infocom games can be found on http://if.illuminion.de/index.html

The webmaster of that site has freely said that should activision ever contact him and request he removes the games he'd be happy to do so, but as they are no longer available anywhere else he prefers to have them available to others.

ditto with fallthru and bramina, both of which i found freely hosted on old doss game sites.

While I'm all for respecting the developers of games and seeing their hard work isn't sniched by someone for nothing, when this gets to the point of disallowing people from playing games just for a vague fear of copywrite it strikes me as a litle ridiculous.

Heck, sinse when michael posted the links was the first time I ever played destination mars, I probably wouldn't ever have played the game legally as it's certainly not being sold anymore.

Beware the grue!