Hi Dark,

Yeah, I for one agree with you. As the author of the
http://if.illuminion.de/index.html
website said it is an aweful thing for a work of art to be lost
through the copyright holders indiference. Which, sadly, is the case
with a lot of games written by commercial companies.

For a lot of mainstream companies they write a game, sell it for all
it is worth, and then forget about it. Years later when that game can
no longer be purchased, it becomes an old classic, the companies
scream and cry over the copyright laws. I think that more than
anything else really irritated me over the Montezuma's Revenge issue a
couple of years back.

For heaven's sake the game was released by Parker Brothers in 1984.
Parker Brothers sold copies for the Atari 2600 and 5200 and then
forgot about it. Utopia comes along buys up the game makes a sequel
called Montezuma's Return, and that game itself becomes as lost to
time as the original game. In fact, I didn't even know Montezuma's
Return existed until I got the cease and desist letter. You would
think that a product like that which is now better than 25 years old
should become public domain if there haven't been any updates to it in
that length of time. Yet some people are willing to hang on to the
copyrights while barring us from enjoying it.

Cheers!