Hey, Thomas.
I agree with you about the copyrights thing. Myself I belive that if a game has been around for at least fifteen years and have not been updated and is no longer for sale then people should have the right to the game.
Especially if nobody can contact the creater of the games.
I personally don't think anyone on this list would report anybody for passing the game or games around the list. I know for a fact that there is not alot of people I know who play those old accessible dos games.