um... Could you send me the games? I hear there's like 21 of them.

Thanks much,
Shane
----- Original Message -----
From: Pitermach <piterm...@gmail.com>
To: Gamers Discussion list <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Mon, 23 May 2011 09:42:28 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [Audyssey] Instructions was Re:  pcs games question?

Hi,
Here are the steps required to run the games. This should work with every
screen reader around, though some work better than others. NVDA works the
best if you ask me.
1. Go to programs>accessories>command prompt. this should open a dos style
window. I recommend maximizing it by going to the system menu with alt space
and selecting maximize.
2. Navigate to the game you'd like to play. to change drives, enter the
drive's letter in uppercase followed by a colon, followed by enter. For
directories, enter cd followed by the directory the game is in.
As an example, my copy of mobius mountain's demo is on the d drive in a
folder called dg. Since the command prompt starts you off on C, I first have
to enter D: (to get to the D drive, then cd dg\mobius97 to get to the actual
game.
3. To then start the game you enter its name, though it may frequently be
shortened. Since The full name mobius mountain exceeded dos's 8-character
limit and would over-all be long to type in, it had been shortened to
mobius.
And after that, the game begins. When asked for sound driver, You can use
the default driver, or if available go down to windows sound and use that
instead. Also for NVDA, there is a bug in the command prompt where it tries
to move you in the screen although there's a menu, to get around that, just
hit nvda+f2 before each arrow key to bypass.
Also, you can run the games from explorer, though that way you may
frequently miss any good bye messages and so on. This is because Printing
the message is done very quickly and after that the game closes, and seeing
explorer's command prompt window is temporary it will close and you'll not
see said message.
Finally, if you experience slowdown, changing the priority of the EXE
(cmd.exe if you're using the command prompt or the game's name.exe if ran
from explorer) using the task manager may help. To do that, hit
ctrl+shift+esc to open the task manager, find the processes tab, locate the
exe in the list, hit your applications key and you will see the priority
there.
HTH!

database 5266 (20100709) __________

http://www.eset.com