Hey guys, at first this might not seem like it is game related, but it actually
is.  I am currently stuck on something, postage related, which is holding up
the development of a game I've been making.  Without going in to too much
detail, the game I'm designing with Locutus will have include actual physical
items which will be mailed out to players.  These will be a tactile reference
map of the game's city, and the special head band used for head tracking as you
play the game.

During one particular chat with Nocturnus, he mentioned that since the
materials are blind-accessible, I should be able to send them postage free
through the US mail if I write "Free matter for the blind" on the package!
Saying I was excited is an understatement, since this would be the single
greatest news I've had so far on this project, rofl!  I did some checking
online, but the definitions for what can and cannot be sent read like terrible
VCR instructions, and I wasn't confident I understood them.  I took the time to
drive up to my local post office to as the people working there, but after
asking each other, all had heard "something" about it, but none knew how it
worked.  They gave me a phone number for some higher up office, but the phone
just rings and rings forever when I try to call it.  I would have expected
someone at the actual post office to know how this all worked.

Well, for the moment, I'm stuck.  I'm quickly approaching the point where I
will be building large quantities of these maps and head bands so they are
ready for when the game is released.  If shipping is free, these items will be
very inexpensive since I will only need to charge people for the cost of the
materials I'm using.  If, however, I can't ship for free, the shipping on the
packages will be probably 2 or 3 times as much as the cheap items themselves!
I would absolutely hate that, plus it might mean less people would be
interested.  If anyone has had experience using "Free matter for the blind" on
items being mailed, please help.  From what I understand, registered blind
individuals can send mail out for free, but I need to know if I (a sighted
person) can mail these accessible items to all of you without there being a
postage fee.