Hi Jeremy,

Well, that is definitely stretching it as far as I am  concerned.
Yes, braille materials usually  qualify for free matter shipping, but
that generally applies to well known organizations like  American
Printing House for the Blind, the Learning Alley, the Lutheran Braille
Workers, Christian Record Service, etc who have been registered
organizations for years, and deal with the U.S. Post office on a daily
basis. You are a complete unknown. Without being registred and having
the official ink stamper from the Post Office I doubt anything you
send will go through braille or no braille.

HTH