Hi Milo.

I agree on the idea of having fathers and I deffinately! like the idea of ganing special abilities through inheritrance, ---- why leave it up to knights? afterall if your mother and farmer are both builders, your going to pick up some stuff there too ;d.

However I really don't like the idea of kids taking on parents' jobs automatically simply from a game mechanics perspective.

if father was a cook, odds are the last thing I need is a second cook, however if the child is a peasant, at least he/she starts off doing something useful anyway even if I assign them to do another job later.

I also am not in favour of the knight's children becoming knights automatically idea, ---- a couple of promiscuous knights could devastate your workforce and lose you the game that way by having many kids who were knights but couldn't do anything else, meaning you starve!

Beware the grue!