Hi Dark,

That's very interesting. Over hear in the USA most electronic games
are generically referred to as video games regardless of the platform
or console being used. We, that is to say Americans, divide video
games up into two catagories console and computer/PC games. So if you
talk to someone over hear and call a game a "computer game" they will
most likely think you mean a PC game. Whereby if you say "console
game" they will think of a game for Play Station, Wii, Xbox, or
something like that. If you say "mobile game" they will automatically
assume you mean a game for a phone or similar mobile device.

The funny thing is you are exactly correct though. All video games are
essentially computer games. The popular consoles weather we are
talking the Atari 2600 to the latest Xbox are essentially specialized
computers designed for games. I suppose that's just because even
though something like your average Apple IPhone is essentually a smart
phone with a computer in it we don't think of it necessarily as a
computer but as a phone. Therefore calling games for an IPhone a
"computer game" would be correct but sound weird to some people here.
So we have a very generic name "video game" to describe them
regardless of if it plays on a phone, special console, or a personal
computer.

Cheers!