Hi Dark,

Yes, I see your point. I read the link to the Audiogames.net article
on game genres and it seems fairly well thought out. Although the
catagory for arcade seems rather broad considering the variety of
subgenres that could be classified as arcade.

For instance, you created a subgenre called Space Invaders although I
believe there is a more technical name for that style of game. If I'm
not mistaken they use to be called virtical shooters or something like
that. That's actually only one example of arcade games.

A game like Double Dragon is an arcade game too, but it would be
classified as a beat-m-up or side-scroller. Its about as far from a
virtical shooter as you can get and still be arcade based. So I do
think given time as this community grows and more games are added you
might want to add in more subgenres like beat-m-ups or a
side-scrollers genre as I'm seeing more of this style of game being
produced over the last couple of years. Q9, MOTA, and Philip's new
game are not just action or arcade games, but might end up becoming a
genre or class of their own.

However, you are absolutely right. Some games are hard to classify and
its for that reason why on my web pages I usually have a genre and
style description in the game features section on my website. That way
I can say game x is arcade and it is Pacman style etc. It clarifies
both the genre and style of the game being downloaded and played.

Cheers!