Ok, some thoughts after finally massacring those bloody yeti.

I never built a monastery.  Tome production has become really hard to
manage, and I just never found it a sufficient priority.  I did build a
tannery, but never got around to assigning a leatherworker.  Three leather
is probably a bit much for a tome.

Cloth production still seems a bit hard to manage.  Compared to almost
everything else, cloth production seems to have a very low priority, which
means you need a crap-ton of peasants to make it happen at all.  I can't
prove it, but it seems like yarn was disappearing from time to time, as I'd
get a group of peasants to make three or four yarn, but then my weaver
wouldn't do anything with it.  Since I can't track yarn directly, I'm not
sure this was actually happening, but I do wonder.

Cloak production is much harder than armor, which seems out of balance.  I
rarely had three cloth to make a cloak; my tailor managed to make three
cloaks all game, vs. eight suits of armor, even though I only had a
blacksmith assigned, so she was doing the whole process.  Perhaps this
should be tweaked.

Ok, folk are going to hate me for suggesting this, but I think that the
castaways shouldn't come within a square of goblins except for military
units.  This would affect resource availability, since forests and rocky
terrain behind the goblin front line would be effectively cut off, making it
more worthwhile to fight them back, rather than just establishing a
defensive perimeter and holding it, making the challenge bigger.  I had
several occasions where my lumberjacks and stone masons went behind enemy
lines, and I think that should be harder.

I'd like to see the alt-keystrokes used to jump to specific building types,
like alt-t for tavern.  I found myself having to track through a lot of
buildings monitoring resources and the shift-d and f were still a pain to
use.

I'm still pretty sure my doctors were healing injuries without cloth at the
hospital.  Again, I can't prove this but as I said, my cloth production was
problematic, and what with yeti raids and fighting back, I was treating a
passel of injuries.

Another keystroke set that might be useful would be, say using alt-1 through
6 to display a list of squares of a given terrain type, such as dense
forests, forests, scattered trees, rocky terrain, stony fields etc.  As the
maps get larger, having to explore one cell at a time becomes annoying.

Explorers and fog of war.  Going back to a previous set of suggestions, I'd
like to see a new job, the explorer, and the idea that you don't know the
terrain of the whole map without exploring it.  At the beginning of the
game, you would choose a cell as your starting cell.  You would be able to
see the terrain in the 9 surrounding cells.  Explorers would go out and when
they return would report to you on other squares they have seen.  Perhaps
call them scouts.  They would return information on where forests and rocky
terrain can be found, and later in the game, could report on goblin
infestations.  Resource hunters would use this information to figure out
where they are going.  If you don't know about any forests or water, than
your hunters and fishermen act as scouts as their secondary job.  Stone
masons and lumberjacks would require locations for their respective
resources and have peasant as their secondary job.  I think miners are also
tied to the rocks, so they should probably also have this quality, though by
the time you have mines in play, it's likely you have explored.

Along with this, we should get messages when a particular set of trees or
rocks have been played out, to know if more scouting is necessary.

I'm not sure exactly how this would play out with the goblins.  Perhaps
there should be two different jobs, scout (military unit that concentrates
on finding the enemy) and explorer that simply maps the terrain.  Explorers
would report the presence of goblins but would concentrate on new terrain.
Scouts would report new terrain but would concentrate on monitoring known
enemy locations.  Other resource hunters would report if they have to evade
goblins, such as, Jack evaded a group of goblins at k14.  The scout could
see for two squares around it and would move to the closest known area of
goblin infestation to monitor it.  This might require a new manufactured
product, telescopes or something like that.

To make up for the added difficulty, please get the good events in place to
help balance things.

Good job, and I'm eagerly awaiting more expansions.

                Chris Bartlett