I know peasants are supposed to get pregnant slightly more frequently than women in other jbs so as to make life easier (and being a peasant must! have some advantages ;D).

But I have noticed that sometimes the same woman just get pregnant constantly.

This might just be the random nature of the game, but sometimes I'm not sure. I once had 6 women all! get pregnant in the forge as black smiths for some reason (that was crazy).

my own personal theory is that there is another very ancient and honourable profession which some of the women in your community choose to adopt ;D.

Beware the grue!