Well, I think it's awsome that you did put graphics in the game, cause it opens up a whole new avenue for people in that sense. Now blind and sighted alike can both play cast aways and enjoy it all the same. And is their a keystroke to turn the sound off?

-----Original Message----- From: Jeremy Kaldobsky
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 9:00 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Question about graphics on cast aways

Yeah, that was pretty much how I felt about it too. Putting in the game's current level of graphics took far longer than I expected and I spent the whole time telling myself "I'm wasting all this time and probably no one is going to even see this." lol! The good news is that your sighted friend should be fully able to play the game using sight alone. Being sighted myself, and having had a few sighted friends play the game, I usually play the game with all sounds turned off believe it or not.

Accessible and sighted games seem to be um, organized differently. I can't really put my finger on the right word to describe it. The lack or presence of artwork isn't the only thing that separates them, so your friend is probably also trying to get used to those changes as well.

Oh, I think I came up with an example that might work to describe what I was trying to say. If you took book written in Spanish, and translated each word individually into English for a friend, even though they could understand the words, the structure of the sentences would still be strange because Spanish and English use a different system. In that same way, adding artwork to an accessible game will still stand out as strange to a mainstream gamer. This isn't a big problem or anything, just something worth sharing in case anyone's interested. :)

Okay will let her know. Well, I
understand that considering it is supposed to be a game for
the blind. Although it would be cool at least for some of my
other fully sighted friends to be able to see people and
stuff, but like you said graphics is probably last on the
things to do list in cast aways.