Correct.  There are no visuals to represent the people within the game.  Your
friend should be able to read the messages along the top caption of the window,
so I recommend having her maximize the window to give her the largest possible
view of the text.  In some cases with very long messages, she will not be able
to view all of it.  These are fine examples of more things I really should
develop for sighted gamers, but on the list of things to add I have put
graphics pretty low in terms of what is most important, haha.