Yay!
Thanks.
Christina

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Kaldobsky" <jer...@kaldobsky.com>
To: "audyssey" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2011 4:39 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Castaways version 2.0 and officially out of beta. NewWar
tent and online features.

Castaways is now officially out of beta!

I have just posted version 2.0 which is the first version to be missing the
little "b" at the end.  It's about time I finally
removed that thing!

We are marching ever closer to the arrival of Territory wars, but alas it is
not ready quite yet.  I have fixed several
little glitches and made the server link more stable with this version.  In
addition to those little things most people never
even notice, I have completely recoded the War Tent.  I think you'll be quite
happy with it.

In the past, if you wanted to send out a raid you were forced to send all of
your troops up to the 5 troop limit per type.
Granted, usually that's what you want to do because they fight much better in
larger numbers, but finally you have a choice.
Pressing backspace on the War tent now opens up a menu allowing you to choose
how many of each soldier type will be included
in the raid.

Here is where things get really interesting though.  While playing multiplayer
co-op, you can now use the War Tent to help
your friends who are in trouble.  Using a merchant and a Merchant cart, people
are already able to send supplies to their
friends in need.  In the same way, you can now use a general and the War Tent
to send troops to reinforce them as well.
Having a War Tent unlocks the ability to make a general, in multiplayer only,
and he will serve the same function as a
merchant does with a merchant cart.  Troops that you send to reinforce a friend
will no longer be yours, so don't expect them
to come back.

The addition of this new War Tent will allow for some incredible co-op games.
Imagine playing mission 3 on the hardest mode
with a group of friends, helping each other out with supplies and soldiers as
things get really tough.  Perhaps one of your
friends would put all of his attention in to manufacturing the cloth and
leather for the rest of the team, freeing them up to
worry about food and troops.  The level of cooperation is nearly limitless, and
I fully expect this to lead to some great
online experiences.