I've actually read both of the articles. The one on balancing the economy was quite interesting. I've also recently rediscovered the case skill (call me evil, but I've stolen almost 10k gold from shopkeepers), and the griphins are now giving me a bit more, so I seem to have found a few ways to keep my supply up.