Hi,

Yeah, sometimes working with a client can be challenging because often
times the client doesn't really know what he/she wants. They have no
understanding on if their idea is practical from a programming
standpoint, and sometimes when outlining a project they can get pretty
vague. It is, as you said, as though some clients expect the developer
to pull the idea out of their head.

That said, in this case the client is named Marci--a female
client---and thus far she has been very vague on the details. I have
e-mailed her requesting further information, but haven't gotten
anything back. The original request from her was very vague. All we
know at this point is the game is to be based on the Detective Abby
books which I personally know nothing about. So a project like that
could involve anything from a text adventure to a full blown FPS type
action adventure. No way of saying what is expected without further
details.