yeah one of those would be cool, we did have torrent by surreal horisons but since it was never released and even if someone gave you the now dead beta it would have to be cracked to get activated and since the owner of sr just up and left there is no chance we will ever see the game. A pitty since the game uses the dolphin sam engine for synth support, and as far as I know no one uses that system at all. Since it uses sam support, I could run braille and all my synths including those locked probably to my supernova quite happily. On the subject of fs though, I actually invested in this, got an old coppy of fs2002, but ms speech rec if you load some other things for sapi or even if you don't likes to corrupt itself and not load which is fine. However even when I got it to work I found the training extremely dificult its a pitty we can't find, and get brailled all the material ms uses to train with.
Iyp looked quite good as well as the radar thing.
Though truthfully, I really don't know if I could dig a pasenger game really, its not my deal.
Sure have some exploring round but a little action would be nice.
The only other game not released ever was starbase defender, as its dev ran out of time and seems to now have dissapeared from the net along with his site. The only good thing if it can even be a good thing at all is that for ages before he went offline he had the game entire soundtrack up, thats also gone now but I have it and maybe others do. Its really a pitty it died as aparently there was 2 weeks left ot get it all going. THe other flight game that died was by nasoft, flight commander and was something almost like tdv.
It was in the future though.
There was a trailer but again it never eventuated, nasoft is also gone.
There was final defender by what is now draconis, its not appeared again but that doesn't mean it may come back since adora is now draconis, so technically it may still happen though doubtfull. The only remotely space games we have are battleship by jim kitchen, trek2000 by gma and final conflict startrek by usagames.
THe kitchensinc game is just battle ship.
The gma one is quite old and crappy and freeware.
And the usa one though still existant although it has replay value is still well not as good as it could be with today's tech though better than trek2k its still crappy and its being redone in any case. I guess you could call monkey business, shades of doom and alien outback and maybe a few others space games but only because they have either shields or lasers in them same with the troop series by blindsoftware but they are not realy space ship sims. What we need is something that has exploration battle, action and other randomness.
Battle we have loads of but not much more than that.
I recently listened to a radio station where rage by idsoftware was being demoed.
You basically did things to advance yourself and get extra things, cash, etc.
The major thing I liked about rage though was the crafting element, except for the game return to chaos by chaos productions I think, we really don't have any games with a major crafting element.