Just in time for Halloween, I've released the next Swamp update! I want
everyone to go into this realizing that I have rushed several things and it
still needs a lot of work. That being said, I think it is working well enough
for people to begin playing it and having some fun! :D
Changes from version 0.6b to 0.7b
- This update was specifically meant to test multiplayer aspects of the game.
- The old map has been removed and replaced with a large multiplayer map.
- Sounds have pretty much all been replaced by new ones from Kai.
- There are 5 working weapons now. Axe, Pistol, Hunting Rifle, Shotgun, and
- Items can be found by listening for the sound of flies on a dead body. Walk
over it to pick up the item.
- Use F and G to scroll through items you've collected, and press Enter to use
- When playing multiplayer, shooting your friends currently does nothing.
- Game music can be paused by pressing the pause/break key.
- By default you are now set to run when the game begins. Changing running
speed now requires W + Shift.
- W now serves as a directional navigation helper.
- Use / to chat to others who are online. < and > will scroll you through past
messages, though it needs a lot of work still.
- There are now 4 types of zombies. Normal, Dog zombies, Tyrants, and Giant
zombies. Each has its own sounds and attributes.
- When you select a new weapon from your inventory, you will have to reload the
gun even if it had bullets in it when you last used it. It's something I'll
- I've noticed a bug that will sometimes randomly lower the volume of your gun
as you fire. I haven't tracked down the cause yet.
- You can pause the game's background music by pressing the pause/break key.
In this entirely multiplayer update of Swamp, the game world is populated with
a bunch of zombies and items to find. As people kill zombies or find loot, new
ones are created and placed around the map by the server. This means you will
never run out of zombies to kill, or new items to find. I encourage everyone
to give it a try, but please do remember that I'm aware it is pretty crude at
the moment. I have been busy and barely got this thing ready in time for the
actual Halloween day.
Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.