Ok, now I really can't wait to get my grubby little paws on this one LOL.
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Philip Bennefall" <phi...@blastbay.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 7:28 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Perilous hearts audio demo!

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the nice comments! I spend a lot of time on my sound work so I'm really very glad that you're all liking that.

To answer Dark's question about the 2d aspect of the game, you can certainly jump up on branches without climbing on vines. It just depends on the height of the branch in question, and when it comes to the tree near the quicksand it is too high for you to jump directly. There are plenty of other trees with several low hanging branches though. There is also an upcoming level where you are making your way up a mountain, and there you have to jump from ledge to ledge quite a lot and without any vines.

Regarding items, yes you will definitely be getting things that help you along the way... Including friends who travel with you and who pack quite a powerful punch in their own right. You can choose when you do and when you do not want them to fight for you, so you might spare them until you get to the harder battles. I say no more. Smile.

And lastly, regarding the medkits I have to think about that one. The player makes quite a few sounds all the time so having those interrupted by constant breathing as you regenerate might get a bit tiresome. Usually one medkit boosts you one level, so if you are criticly injured and take one medkit you will go to severely injured, and after another one you will just be injured, then slightly injured, fair, great, and excellent.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall