In Sean's defense, Kelly does podcasts/music production professionally. While I have no idea as to what kind of experience Sean has had with podcasting, I can say that Kelly has to have said qualities in order to be successful.

----- Original Message -----
From: Thomas Ward <thomasward1...@gmail.com
To: Gamers Discussion list <gamers@audyssey.org
Date sent: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 16:10:39 -0500
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] sample recordings

Hi Shaun,

I don't want to sound rude or overly critical, but i just don't think these samples are of the kind of quality I'm looking for in terms of a podcast. You just don't have the right kind of voice for it, and I noticed you put way to many ums and long pauses in your casts.I'm not looking for perfect, as Dave said, but I do have a fairly good idea of what I think would sound good. I can't help but think you are not cut
out for this. Take a listen to Kelly's work and you'll see what I
mean. Someone like Kelly Serpergia is a great example of what we need
in terms of a host for the show.

Cheers!

Hi all.
Ok as prommised here are samples of my work.
Take in mind that at the time I did most of this I did not have all
the equipment I had now.
Some of this is from a project unreleased.
I made a couple files, a game sample and a voice only which should
have been a game but for some reason the right device on the
recording program was not set right and it never recorded right. My voice could be a little to loud so maybe I will have to fix that.
You should get a clear sound from the realtech card in the box
playing laser breakout of all things.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1407689/sample.zip
I don't promise perfection but at least I can keep the wheels turning.

If you are happy to handle hosting at least for now, that will hold
the cast for a bit, I plan to look into the cdn type of stuff.
at some point.
I guess I'll leave the community to its business.
Hopefully this won't just be me.

we can figure stuff out later if I pass the first step.