Dude! A lightsaber game? When! Where! How! Lol
! I wanna play mommy!

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 9:58 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] question about input methods for swamp

Hi,

Yeah, I agree that the mouse might be the middle ground here between
keyboards and joysticks. Especially, the specific gaming models that have 5
to 8 buttons on them.

A couple of years ago I made a simple light saber dueling game where the
mouse controlled the light saber and the a, d, w, and x keys moved you
around in the game. I must say it made a huge difference in game play as you
could adopt true sword fighting styles or improvize as needed. What made it
superior to keyboard input alone is things like being able to perform
diagnal slashes, a quick horizontal slash, a virtical slash, stabs, spin the
saber around in a quick circle, etc.
Its not easy to get a keyboard to perform that smoothly.

Then, if we have a gaming mouse with say 8 buttons you can do pretty much
anything from a mouse. You can run, jump, spin in a circle, crawl, etc as
there are enough buttons to allow you free movement and to modify as needed.
That frees your other hand up to use the keyboard for review commands and so
on.

_____________ NOD32 EMON 6635 (20111116) information _____________

_____________ NOD32 EMON 6635 (20111116) information _____________

http://www.eset.com