Hi tom.

I might invest in a gaming mouse at some point if more games use one, and certainly even though I'm not hugely experienced with the mouse I'd rather use one than a joypad, sinse unlike a joypad a mouse uses your hole hand and has logical things for your fingers to do.

That light saber game sounds cool! jeremy was speculating about the mouse on the audiogames.net forum a while ago and why people were so reluctant to play his daytona game, and one thought I had then is perhaps we need less complex, more practice type games to use the mouse. Swamp from what I've seen has fairly similar controls to say shades of doom (leaving aside the multiplayer), but uses the mouse to aime.

Games that use a familiar concept but do it with the mouse might be a nice way to move people forward. Afterall, mainstream gamers will be using the mouse all the time to move round the screen and click on things, where as vi gamers won't.

thus, a symple sterrio targiting game like whoopass, or a boppit game where the sounds corresponded to mouse directions might be a nice training exercize here.

I remember brian smart's mouse game attempts, and those were deffinately going the right way, something like that might be helpful here too, ---- say a light saber training sim with the floating droid in Starwars.

Beware the grue!