Hello all,
My name is Laurel and I just became a member of this list. I want to
tame a moment and introduce myself to you all. I also have a few
questions for you all.
I am from Dallas Texas and am a third year university student. I study
French and Russian and love learning languages! I use JAWS screen
reader along with an iPhone. I have a yellow lab female guide dog from
Guide Dogs for the Blind named Stockard.
I am interested in learning to write and create text based games as
well as iPhone applications and other accessible games for blind
people. This leads me to my questions. /smiles/ I know that in order
to write apps and games I need to learn a computer language so that I
can code properly. I also know that there are a tun of computer
programs out there that can help you write and design your games and
apps. My first question is what are the computer programs out there
that are the most JAWS accessible? I am having a hard time deciding
whether I should try to use c++, java or what because I don't know
what is good with JAWS. My second question is, I'm wondering if any of
you would be willing to menter me some. Like I said, I'm just learning
how to do this and I'm still learning the different computer languages
used to create games/apps. So would somebody be willing to menter me
and help me learn how to do this? Basically, I need somebody to help
me get started and point me in the right direction as far as resources
and helping me choose which programs to use, how to go about creating
a game etc.

Thanks,
Laurel and Stockard