Hi Shane,

Yeah, that sounds about right. I think I was using Jaws 4.02 around
2001 or 2002. At least 10 years ago. However, I do understand because
of the cost of access technology how something like that could get so
far behind, and why someone might be reluctant to upgrade. That's
exactly why I'm  switching to NVDA because it saves me the cost of
Jaws SMA upgrades per year.

Of course, in Jim's case there is no easy way to upgrade from Jaws
4.02 to Jaws 13. As I recall after a person  misses a certain number
of upgrades or SMA licenses Freedom Scientific requires him/her to
purchase a new copy of Jaws at the normal retail price, and of course
they don't have an easy payment plan like GW Micro so the person has
to come up with the full amount on their own.

Cheers!