Hi Eleanor,

I certainly see where you guys are coming from, but I think its worth
noting that we are in an industry that is constantly changing,
evolving, and growing at a fairly rapid pace. Criteria you had set for
selecting games a couple of years ago won't necessarily apply to the
current market, because there is so much happening that those criteria
need to be updated fairly regularly.

For example, take the Apple iPhone  as a case in point. The iPhone
isn't just a cell phone, and is basically a hand held computer too
with internet, e-mail, and hundreds of apps and games available on the
app store. Its not surprising now that Apple has made IoS accessible
using their VoiceOver software that there is a sudden explosion of
accessible apps and games for the device. If you just focus on Windows
games for the PC you'll be overlooking a brand new market that is
rapidly developing, growing, and becoming a real source of
entertainment for blind gamers. It may not be in the top 25 yet, but
its getting there just because of a sudden explosion in the VI market.

The same holds true for internet based games. Thanks to the fact most
people are on high speed internet through DSL or cable, computers are
faster, etc many mainstream developers are creating internet based
games in languages like Flash that can be played through a web browser
or by downloading a special game client for your PC that connects to
the game server.  Just this week I saw a commercial for DC Universe
Online that is an online version of the DC Universe roll playing game,
and its clear that the internet is where many mainstream game
developers are heading. The days where you have to download and
install a game seems to becoming less common thanks to game clients
and web programming languages like Flash.

Now, we are seeing a similar trend in the VI gaming market. RS Games
has created a free client written in Python that connects to the RS
Games server and you can play Uno, Apples to Apples, and other games
online through their client. Quentin's Playroom is another example of
an accessible client designed to work in tandem with an online game or
games. In both cases those developers are following a trend set by the
mainstream market. It only makes sense for audio game developers to
try and add the same kinds of features and meet certain standards set
by the mainstream market as many blind gamers want to have similar
features as our mainstream peers have. That can dramatically change
the criteria used for selecting the top 25 sites.

Cheers!