To: "dark" <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2012 4:42 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Any chance of making huge cave work with windows?

Hi Dark,

That's cool. The only version of Oregon Trail that I have played was a GW Basic version. Seems though that it is a very stripped down version. I was told that it is nothing like the original Apple 2e version.

Yes, the original GW Basic version of the golf game had only 3 courses to play. I added 3 and saw that the courses themselves only took a few numbers and descriptions to define them, so I then made the golf course maker program so that others could also make courses for the game. The original golf game was pure text with no sounds. And you typed in the amount of power to hit for your shot. So I added all of the sounds including the power indicator sound thing. However the original did have some ASCII graphics that were pretty cool. I stripped those out though as they would some times try to be spoken by a screen reader. The trucker game was also pure text with no sounds at all.

I would love to make a Roller Coaster Tycoon type sim, but I am not sure that it wouldn't be over my head to try something like that. I really have never programmed a sim. Maybe I should start out trying a simple one and see how that goes.

BFN

    Jim

The last sound that it made was "Zap" .

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA

    Jim

NyQuil, the stuffy, sneezy, why-the-heck-is-the-room-spinning medicine.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA