My thoughts, death on missions is no more harsh than anywhere else,
especially considering what you stand to gain if you survive, as compared
with the comparable time looting.  I completely disagree with any change
that waters down the already weakened consequences of dying, especially when
you stand to gain for five minutes of survival rep and experience that would
take hours of looting to gain.  Big risk, big reward.  Too risky, don't go
on missions.

And by the way, I say this who am trying to learn some new styles of play
and thus am dying quite frequently, and have certainly lost 20,000 rep worth
of equipment at various times.  I'd favor a lives system, where once your
lives are gone you start over from zero.  Perhaps gaining a level gives you
a new life.  I know this won't be adopted as too many people would shriek
about it being unfair, never mind that it's a gaming standard in the
mainstream world.

        Christopher the bastard Bartlett who wants all of you to suffer
hideously.  *smile*