Hi Tom.
I have really fond memories of the gamecube and gba player. I'd used the super gameboy on the Snes to play a couple of original gb titles full screen, particularly Metroid Ii (yes, I love the metroid series). I'd heard about the new metroid and mega man games on the gba, and of course when the gba player came out I knew that it was a chance for me to start up collecting and playing console games again.

I began with metroid fusion, and once I got a game script for the game I completely enjoyed it, indeed I remember a point when my parents went off leaving me at home for the weekend when i did literally nothing for 48 hours but play through Metroid fusion.

Mega man zero I got soon after, and the first thing I felt was real disappointment due to the massive amount of text and items in the game, but thanks to some very inventive use of faqs I perceveered. I'm actually quite proud of finishing the zero games, sinse they are some of the most difficult in the mega man series, and also have a really fantastic story in their own right.

It was fantastic to be back on gaming sites reading news of upcoming games, like new releases in the zero series or metroid zero mission, and actually looking forward! to buying new games just as I had in the early 90's.

Through the two Mega man collections, I also got the entire series as well (though I needed the freeloader disk sinse the collections were never released in europe, ---- and in fact phoned capcom about this), and it was amazing to be able to play all of the classic mega man series that I'd been reading about for years, ---- in fact I still go back to the Mega man collections fairly often just because the games are so fantastic.

Then of course nintendo moved to the wii with it's irritating menues and wii mote, and the ds with it's lack of ability to go full screen, ---- thanks a bunch!

Beware the grue!