From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: 15 June 2012 03:25
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Redistributing RPG Source Books

Hi Tom.

that is true, and the way I see things going. also, when discussing the
issue of piracy with my mum, one thing she pointed out is that with a
physical book, you can lend it to friends and family, as in fact people have

been doing sinse the invention of mass printing, ---- so why should putting
a book, or indeed an mp3 on a file sharing service and sending it to friends

to here make a difference?

indeed, that! sort of practice has been seen to promote sales, because quite

obviously if someone lends you one thing via download you will want to get
more for yourself.

this is indeed what I did with the big finish Doctor who audio dramas
myself. I was sent a couple via download from a friend, liked them and
wanted more, and I now buy them myself.

The sooner people realize the potential for digital distribution, the
better.

Beware the grue!

-----
No virus found in this message.