not to mention displays are quite expensive even the handheld notebook units are costly over here.
I won't probably ever own one I would like one however.

At 07:38 a.m. 5/08/2012 +0100, you wrote:
Hi Nick,
Welcome to the list, and I only say that because its normal and not because
I'm a moderator.  However, I wish to make a suggestion.  How about
implementing sounds for the game so that people can play without using a
Braille display: since I've never owned one and have no plans to do so in
the future, I wouldn't be able to play the game, as far as I can tell, even
in the near future.  Just saying.

Hope this is helpful, and if I can be of any further assistance reguarding
finding of new games or catching up as it were, or even just to discuss the
possibilities of sound implementation (I am sort of a hobbiest sound
designer myself, in a broad sense of the expression), then feel free to
email me offlist.

Best of luck and kind regards,
Ben.

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Nick Adamson
Sent: 02 August 2012 20:46
To: gamers@audyssey.org
Subject: [Audyssey] N A Soft is back and I'm looking for some testers with
Braille displays.

Hi All.
My Name is Nick Adamson. Some of you may remember me from about 8 years ago
on the old blind gamers list.
I'm a blind software engineer who's been out of touch with the blind gaming
community for ages but I'm back and after some software testers for a new
game I'm working on.

For quite some time I've been wondering if it would be possible to write a
Tetris like game but played on a Braille display. A month or so ago I
stopped thinking about it and Started coding Dotris. This is a windows based

game that I'm working on in the little spare time I've got.
So if you've tested software before and enjoyed the opportunity to shape the

direction of the game or have never done game testing but would like to give

it a go then I want to here from you.
For now I'm looking for a smallish group of people, You must have a Braille
display of at leased 12 characters, a windows XP PC or better, confidence in

using the computer and  a couple of hours of spare time.
If you want to get involved then please send me details of which make model
and size Braille display you have and  which version of windows and screen
reader your using along with your email address. Please send the details to
me using the contact us link at www.ndadamson.com.
I want to keep the list of testers relatively small and manageable but still

test on the widest range of software and hardware possible. this means I may

not ask everyone I here from this time.

I'm also planning to release the game as donation-ware. The idea is that,
once complete, the software can be downloaded at no charge but the user will

be strongly encouraged to make a donation of what ever they think the game
is worth to a charity I'm going to support. I've not yet decided which
charity but am looking in to those that promote the learning and use of
Braille. with this in mind there isn't going to be any payment for testers
made available, just my gratitude, credits in the documentation and the
opportunity to work on a pretty unique game.

I've not been around for ages, are there many games that use a Braille
display as the main feedback method?

Thanks for your time.
Nick.

-----