Governing Board Members,

On behalf of Dalibor Topic I hereby propose the creation of the Adoption
Group, with Dalibor as the initial Lead.

Background on this proposal is available in the attached message and in
Dalibor's earlier message to the discuss list [1].

Only current Governing Board Members [2] are eligible to vote on this
motion.  Votes must be cast in the open by replying to this mailing
list.

For Simple Majority voting instructions, see [3].

Votes are due by 16:00 UTC on Thursday, 19 December [4].

- Mark

[1] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/discuss/2013-December/003233.html
[2] http://openjdk.java.net/census#gb
[3] http://openjdk.java.net/groups/#new-group-vote
[4]
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OpenJDK+GB+CFV:+Group+Proposal:+Adoption&iso=20131219T1600

--- Begin Message ---
Hi Mark,

in your role as OpenJDK Lead, I would like to request a combined motion to
the Governing Board to create the Adoption Group and appoint myself as its
initial Lead.

The Adoption Group would bundle and aid efforts to collaborate on OpenJDK
Projects, lower the barriers to contribution, and bring JDK development
into the heart of the Java community.

Dalibor Topic lives in Hamburg, Germany, and works as Principal Product
Manager for Oracle. He is an OpenJDK Member, Group Lead for the Porters
Group, and Project Lead for the JDK 7 Updates Project in the OpenJDK
Community.

For the initial Group Members I would like to suggest:

* Martijn Verburg
* Steve Poole
* Rory O'Donnel
* Daniel Bryant
* Mani Sarkar
* Edward Yue Shung Wong
* Mario Torre
* Ben Evans

cheers,
dalibor topic

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com[1]>
Dalibor Topic | Principal Product Manager

--- End Message ---