Chris Lattner <clatt...@apple.com> writes:
>> Some time ago, there was a discussion about integrating LLVM and GCC
>> [1]. However, with plugin infrastructure in place, could LLVM be
>> plugged into GCC as an additional optimization plugin?
>
> I'd love to see this, but I can't contribute to it directly.  I think
> the plugin interfaces would need small extensions, but there are no
> specific technical issues preventing it from happening.  LLVM has
> certainly progressed a lot since that (really old) email went out :)

Is there a description somewhere of areas where llvm is thought to do
well compared to gcc, and maybe future plans for improvement?

In the (limited) tests I've done, gcc [4.4, but 4.2 yields similar
results] seems to do a lot better than llvm [2.5], but those were C++
code and I wonder if llvm is currently concentrating on C?

-Miles

--
Quotation, n. The act of repeating erroneously the words of another. The words
erroneously repeated.