On 24 April 2010 22:28, Steven Bosscher <stevenb....@gmail.com> wrote:

> We had a patch tracking system, and it was completely ignored by most
> maintainers.

But *submitters* did use it until it went down. So it was useful for
tracking unreviewed patches, not for improving reviewing. Right now, I
have no way to check what unreviewed patches there may be interesting
for me apart from searching the gcc-patches mailing list. Even the
psychological effect of having your patch tracked somewhere instead of
completely ignored would be effective. Perhaps more importantly, it
showed which parts of the compiler were more in need of further
reviewers.

I think it was really bad that we lost the patch tracker.

Cheers,

Manuel.