On Thu, 2017-12-14 at 09:56 +0100, Paulo Matos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Apologies for the delay on the update. It was my plan to do an update
> on
> a monthly basis but it slipped by a couple of weeks.

Thanks for working on this.

> The current status is:
>
> *Workers:*

[...snip...]

> *Builds:*

[...snip...]

Looking at some of the red blobs in e.g. the grid view there seem to be
a few failures in the initial "update gcc trunk repo" step of the form:

svn: Working copy '.' locked
svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for
details)

https://gcc-lnt.linki.tools/#/builders/3/builds/388/steps/0/logs/stdio

Is there a bug-tracking location for the buildbot?
Presumably:
  https://github.com/LinkiTools/gcc-buildbot/issues
?

*Reporters:*

> There is a single reporter which is a irc bot currently silent.
>
> *Regression analysis:*
>
> This is one of the most important issues to tackle and I have a
> solution
> in a branch regression-testing :
> https://github.com/LinkiTools/gcc-buildbot/tree/regression-testing
>
> using jamais-vu from David Malcolm to analyze the regressions.
> It needs some more testing and I should be able to get it working
> still
> this year.

I actually found a serious bug in jamais-vu yesterday - it got confused
by  multiple .sum lines for the same source line e.g. from multiple
"dg-" directives that all specify a particular line).  For example,
when testing one of my patches, of the 3 tests reporting as
  "c-c++-common/pr83059.c  -std=c++11  (test for warnings, line 7)"
one of the 3 PASS results became a FAIL.  jv correctly reported that
new FAILs had occurred, but wouldn't identify them, and mistakenly
reported that new PASSes has occurred also.

I've fixed that now; to do so I've done some refactoring and added a
testsuite.

It looks like you're capturing the textual output from "jv compare" and
using the exit code.  Would you prefer to import "jv" as a python
module and use some kind of API?  Or a different output format?

If you file pull request(s) for the changes you've made in your copy of
jamais-vu, I can take at look at merging them.

[...]

> I hope to send another update in about a months time.
>
> Kind regards,

Thanks again for your work on this
Dave