On 14/12/17 12:39, David Malcolm wrote:

> Looking at some of the red blobs in e.g. the grid view there seem to be
> a few failures in the initial "update gcc trunk repo" step of the form:
>
> svn: Working copy '.' locked
> svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for
> details)

Yes, that's a big annoyance and a reason I have thought about moving to
using the git mirror, however that would probably bring other issues so
I am holding off. I need to add a reporter so that if it fails I am
notified by email and mobile phone.

This happens when there's a timeout from a server _during_ a
checkout/update (the svn repo unfortunately times out way too often). I
thought about doing an svn cleanup before each checkout but read it's
not good practice. If you have any suggestions on this please let me know.

> https://gcc-lnt.linki.tools/#/builders/3/builds/388/steps/0/logs/stdio

Apologies, https://gcc-lnt.linki.tools is currently incorrectly
forwarding you to https://gcc-buildbot.linki.tools. I meant to have it
return an error until I open that up.

> Is there a bug-tracking location for the buildbot?
> Presumably:
>   https://github.com/LinkiTools/gcc-buildbot/issues
> ?

That's correct.

> I actually found a serious bug in jamais-vu yesterday - it got confused
> by  multiple .sum lines for the same source line e.g. from multiple
> "dg-" directives that all specify a particular line).  For example,
> when testing one of my patches, of the 3 tests reporting as
>   "c-c++-common/pr83059.c  -std=c++11  (test for warnings, line 7)"
> one of the 3 PASS results became a FAIL.  jv correctly reported that
> new FAILs had occurred, but wouldn't identify them, and mistakenly
> reported that new PASSes has occurred also.
>
> I've fixed that now; to do so I've done some refactoring and added a
> testsuite.

Perfect, thank you very much for this work.

> It looks like you're capturing the textual output from "jv compare" and
> using the exit code.  Would you prefer to import "jv" as a python
> module and use some kind of API?  Or a different output format?

Well, I am using a fork of it which I converted to Python3. Would you be
open to convert yours to Python3? The reason I am doing this is because
all other Python software I have and the buildbot use Python3.

I would also prefer to have some json format or something but when I
looked at it, the software was just printing to stdout and I didn't want
to spend too much time implementing it, so I thought parsing the output
was just easier.

> If you file pull request(s) for the changes you've made in your copy of
> jamais-vu, I can take at look at merging them.

Happy to do so...
Will merge your changes into my fork first then.

Kind regards,
--
Paulo Matos