On Mon, 2018-01-29 at 14:55 +0100, Paulo Matos wrote:

> On 24/01/18 20:20, David Malcolm wrote:
> >
> > I've added a new feature to jamais-vu (as of
> > 77849e2809ca9a049d5683571e27ebe190977fa8): it can now ignore test
> > results that merely changed line number.
> >
> > For example, if the old .sum file has a:
> >
> >   PASS: g++.dg/diagnostic/param-type-mismatch.C  -
> > std=gnu++11  (test for errors, line 106)
> >
> > and the new .sum file has a:
> >
> >   PASS: g++.dg/diagnostic/param-type-mismatch.C  -
> > std=gnu++11  (test for errors, line 103)
> >
> > and diffing the source trees reveals that line 106 became line 103,
> > the
> > change won't be reported by "jv compare".
> >
> > It also does it for dg-{begin|end}-multiline-output.
> >
> > It will report them if the outcome changed (e.g. from PASS to
> > FAIL).
> >
> > To do this filtering, jv needs access to the old and new source
> > trees,
> > so it can diff the pertinent source files, so "jv compare" has
> > gained
> > the optional arguments
> >   --old-source-path=
> > and
> >   --new-source-path=
> > See the example in the jv Makefile for more info.  If they're not
> > present, it should work as before (without being able to do the
> > above
> > filtering).
>

> Hi,
>
> I am looking at this today and I noticed that having the source file
> for
> all recent GCC revisions is costly in terms of time (if we wish to
> compress them) and space (for storage). I was instead thinking that
> jv
> could calculate the differences offline using pysvn and the old and
> new
> revision numbers.

Note that access to the source files is optional - jv doesn't need
them, it just helps for the particular situation described above.

> I have started implementing this in my port. Would you consider
> merging it?

Sounds reasonable - though bear in mind that gcc might be switching to
git at some point.

Send a pull request (I've turned on travis CI on the github repository,
so pull requests now automatically get tested on a bunch of different
Python 3 versions).

Thanks
Dave