I'm not sure and couldn't find a clear answer from a look in the docs..
But I believe it's using git for the rebase so might be able to do it with
githooks?

It does have some built in conflicts resolution methods but with some
surprising limitations:
---
The file, with conflict markers added, is not over 200 KB in size
---

And also

---
Note: GitLab resolves conflicts by creating a merge commit in the source branch
that is not automatically merged into the target branch. This allows the merge
commit to be reviewed and tested before the changes are merged, preventing
unintended changes entering the target branch without review or breaking the
build.
---

So you probably don't want it to be aware of the conflict..

Cheers,
Tamar