On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 4:33 PM Christopher Dimech via Gcc
<gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Here is something close to the fundamental issue: Believing in private life,
> that people are entitled to their own associations and opinions (even bad
> ones!),
> and entitled to make their own mistakes, too — and that, barring some direct
> connection to work life or extraordinary circumstance, that none of this is
> the concern of the little platoons of finks lurking in the community,
> particularly when driven by facebook lackeys muzzling everyday journalists
> who go against the grain.  We see this not only here but also to medical
> information dealing with coronavirus and vaccines.

Please work to avoid using terms like "finks" or "lackeys" when
describing members of the GCC community.  Please be respectful of
other people's opinions.  Thanks.

The question here is not whether RMS is permitted to contribute to
GCC.  I have not seen anybody arguing against that.  The question is
whether the GCC community should put him in a declared leadership
position.  For a leadership position, which serves as an example for
the community and to some extent demonstrates the values shared by the
community, I think it is reasonable that there is a decreased
expectation of privacy.

Ian