Hi Claire,
Sounds like you should take your gecko to a veterinarian that is experienced with exotics. The dark color is a stress color. It is hard for people on-line to give you advise without knowing how you are caring for your gecko. Even then, we are not veterinarians so can't really diagnose any problems. I would check the temperature in your tank and see if it is warm enough in her enclosure. Are you gut loading her prey items? Are you using a calcium supplement? Are you providing UVB lighting?
One thing I would recommend changing is your heat source. The gecko should not be able to touch the heat lamp. I like to have my heat source on the outside of the cage radiating the heat into the cage. Since most Tokays are wild caught, I would also recommend that you bring in a fecal sample to your vet. The sample should be fresh, no more that 48 hrs old. The fresher the sample the better. I like samples hot out of the animal if i can get them that way. Wrap it in damp paper towel and place in a zip lock baggy and keep refrigerated. Good luck.
Catriona