I think this is a great idea! Emails threads aren't a great way to do this
just because there's no mechanism for well formatted responses to
particular points in someone's questions, posting code, or things like
"upvoting" responses.

I see Daniel's point about less engagement if we move it to a forum, but I
think that could be alleviated by encouraging people to keep email
notifications up.

Cheers,

Dan