The change is simple enough that I'll just describe it. This deals
solely with the simple CPU, so if your trying to use O3, for example,
it won't help you directly. The code here:
http://repo.m5sim.org/m5/file/886da6fa6d4a/src/cpu/simple/base.cc#l307
should return if the thread is suspended -or- unallocated. After you
change that, I think you'll also run into an assert in the CPU. I just
got rid of the assert and haven't had any problems, but that might not
be the right thing to do.

Gabe