Hmmm. Looking at the edit summaries of talk pages of a couple of editors 
who write exclusively on the Israel-Palestine issue, as opposed to me 
who just gets sucked into a few specific articles over and over, usually 
BLP-related for individuals or organizations...I seem to have a lot more 
nasty comments on my talk page and article talk pages that had to be 
deleted by admins, especially the last six months.

And I won't even start discussing the emails I've gotten through 
wiki-email.

At least on one article I've devoted a lot of time to lately there are a 
few women engaging in the heated disputes with each other :-)

On 8/24/2011 6:55 PM, Ryan Kaldari wrote:
> This situation from earlier today has already been resolved, so no drama
> is necessary, but I thought I would post one of the diffs here as an
> example for discussion:
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Beria&diff=next&oldid=58432635
>
> I think this is a good example of the "unwanted attention" problem that
> I've heard about from several female editors. Generally, when people
> talk about sexist behavior on Wikipedia, they tend to think of
> misogynistic behavior, but I think the unwanted attention/stalking
> problem may be just as important. Have others on the list experienced
> this problem? How did it affect you? How did you deal with it? Any ideas
> for how it can be addressed systematically?
>
> Ryan Kaldari
>
>

_______________________________________________
Gendergap mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/gendergap

Reply via email to