On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 7:09 PM, Sarah Stierch <[email protected]> wrote: > To be honest, I have a terribly low selfesteem when it comes to my work in > Wikimedia - whether it's thinking I should apply for a job or fellowship, or > it's applying for an admin position, or just speaking up in certain topics. > I feel that I'm not tech savvy enough, and it's really intimidating since so > much of the culture is based around that. It's also intimidating, in > general.
I think you'd make a darned fine admin, and would be glad to support you. We need more than just the technogeeks; indeed, virtually ZERO of what I do as an admin is technogeekery. > Just like any other geek world - whether it's playing online RPGs > (yes, I've dabbled a bit) or having acquaintances who do society for > creative anarchonism (aka play dress up like dungeons and dragons > characters) I'm a historian by training, and can assure you that the Society for Creative Anachronism is NOT about dressing up like D & D characters. (I've only been in the S.C.A. for 40 years now, and playing D&D for 36.) -- Michael J. "Orange Mike" Lowrey a/k/a Lord Inali of Tanasi, G.D.H. "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes." -- Desiderius Erasmus _______________________________________________ Gendergap mailing list [email protected] https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/gendergap
