I adore all of you people, really I do.  From the bottom of my chaos
Eris<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eris_%28mythology%29>loving heart...

Do you want me to try to develop a Religion-L list? Because I have no shame
in bringing out the WIKILOVE to make you people all snuggly and content with
fighting the good fight against systematic bias in Wikimedia, and that can
include religion of course.

;D

Btw, I believe Orange Mike is Quaker, if I read his previous added touch to
his signature.

I'm sorry we lost Arnaud over a conversation like this, the power of
conversation is that people do disagree, and sometimes people don't quite
like disagreement.  One bizarre thing about Wikimedia lists is that no
matter how much shit slinging (or "Gods-slinging?" heh! I kid.I kid...)
people generally still like each other at the end of the day.

Generally, being the key word, and "like" is a loosely used term.

So calm down..calm down.

Just like sex...whatever you're into..you're into..as long as you're not
forcing me into it against my own will!

xo
--Sarah




On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 10:26 PM, Michael J. Lowrey <[email protected]>wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 9:19 PM, Laura Hale <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Your "religion" includes  Roman Catholicism, the Church of Latter Day
> > Saints, Christian Scientists, Watchtower Society, Russian Orthodox,
> > Anglican, Coptic, Quakers, and Amish?
> > Christianity, like Islam, has a lot of branches and you could say almost
> > anything about Christianity and some sects it would be true in and others
> it
> > would not.  It would be accurate to say "Jesus Christ is not divine" and
> > "Jesus Christ is divine" and different sects hold this to be true.  It
> would
> > also be true to say that Christianity is a driving force in the United
> > States towards pushing women out of work and into the home, is opposed to
> > women having access to birth control, and is opposed to abortion in all
> > cases, and that women should be totally subservient to men, and that if
> you
> > are moral, you don't need a doctor because Jesus will provide.  The
> opposite
> > could also be said and be equally as true.   If you want to see how two
> > opposite sides have aspects of the truth, look
> > at Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Abortion/Evidence .
>
> Okay, Ryan's statement was more sweepingly generalized than Carol's; I
> still consider that such sweeping "more or less" statements about
> other people's faiths have no place in a discussion forum such as this
> one; and I refuse to be even remotely apologetic for defending the
> religion of Martin Luther King, Ammon Hennacy, Ivan Illich, Dorothy
> Day and Norman Thomas.
>
> --
> Michael J. "Orange Mike" Lowrey
>
> "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food
> and clothes."
>      --  Desiderius Erasmus
>
> _______________________________________________
> Gendergap mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/gendergap
>



-- 
GLAMWIKI Partnership Ambassador for Wikimedia <http://www.glamwiki.org>
Wikipedian-in-Residence, Archives of American
Art<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:SarahStierch>
and
Sarah Stierch Consulting
*Historical, cultural & artistic research & advising.*
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.sarahstierch.com/
_______________________________________________
Gendergap mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/gendergap

Reply via email to