On May 2, 2012, at 2:20 PM, Thomas Morton wrote:

> Advertising not sexist. Really.
>
> Well I'd be interested to hear rational arguments that it is...
>
> I've always found advertising to be highly sexualised, but refreshingly free
> of sexism.

You're kidding, right? Advertising is so jam-loaded with sexism, it's hard to
know where to start. Just about every advert plays on stereotypes. When's the
last time you saw a guy cleaning kitchens in TV ads? Or a woman buying cars?
Yes, there are exceptions but they're pretty thin on the ground.

Oh, and hello everyone! I'm User:Alison from enwiki and Commons :)

-- Allie