While I certainly wouldn't consider being trans to be fashionable or fun, the "born in the wrong body" language is not true of all trans people. The definition I prefer to use when I do trans education[1] is that a transgender person does not identify with the sex they were assigned at birth. I don't like to create a litmus test of who gets to use the transgender label beyond that. I simply want everyone to be free and safe to live as their authentic selves.

- Pax

[1] Such as my Transgender Gap presentation at WikiConference North America: https://wikiconference.org/wiki/Submissions:2016/The_Transgender_Gap:_Trans_and_non-binary_representation_on_Wikipedia