Hello Community,

With MarkLogic World<https://www.marklogic.com/world/> coming up, there's been
a lot happening so I hope you make it to the end.

It's last call for MarkLogic World<https://www.marklogic.com/world/> and the
MLW Hackathon in the Developer
Lounge<http://www.cvent.com/d/4tq5tr/10K?RefID=AddAct#C1>! We have a great
group of developers already signed up to participate, both folks new to
MarkLogic and those with a few years under their belts. Combine that with the
MarkLogic mentor that each team will work with, this should prove to be a great
hands-on learning experience for everyone involved. I hope you can join us!

In order to be in compliance with EU
GDPR<https://www.eugdpr.org/key-changes.html> regulations and upcoming
deadlines, we will be discontinuing the use of the
general@developer.marklogic.com<mailto:general@developer.marklogic.com> mailing
list within the next few weeks. Old messages sent to this mailing list will
remain searchable via
MarkMail<https://markmail.org/search/?q=%20list%3Acom.marklogic.developer.general>.
 This will be the last newsletter sent from my email to the mailing list, but
be on the lookout for a new and improved Community Newsletter in June. We look
forward to interacting with you through Stack
Overflow<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/marklogic> and answering
your technical questions there. Also, please feel free to reach out to us
directly<mailto:community-reque...@marklogic.com> if you have any feedback,
questions, or concerns.

MarkLogic Server 9.0-5 Released
Our MarkLogic Engineering teams continue to deliver new features and make
significant improvements to our existing
products<http://developer.marklogic.com/products>. MarkLogic Server version
9.0-5<http://docs.marklogic.com/guide/relnotes/chap3#id_32477> is the latest
maintenance release for MarkLogic 9<http://developer.marklogic.com/products>
that contains cool new features and important updates to improve performance,
functionality, security, and stability. There are a few things highlighted with
this release:

·         Full support for MarkLogic Data Hub Framework
(DHF)<http://docs.marklogic.com/guide/relnotes/chap3#id_92782> version 3.0.
Update your bookmarks; the GitHub
project<https://github.com/marklogic/marklogic-data-hub> has been moved to the
official MarkLogic organization with the
documentation<https://marklogic.github.io/marklogic-data-hub> available there
as well.

·         New built-in library functions for entity enrichment and
extraction<http://docs.marklogic.com/guide/relnotes/chap3#id_11865>.

·         Updates to Query
Console<http://docs.marklogic.com/guide/relnotes/chap3#id_25135>.

·         New functionality for our Configuration Management API
(CMA)<http://docs.marklogic.com/guide/relnotes/chap3#id_43408>.

·         More reasons to use or upgrade to the latest Ops
Director<http://docs.marklogic.com/guide/relnotes/chap3#id_76112>.

·         Tolerance Support in Geospatial Region
Queries<http://docs.marklogic.com/guide/relnotes/chap3#id_79581>

·         Database Replication
Enhancements<http://docs.marklogic.com/guide/relnotes/chap3#id_43001> to easily
enable/disable or suspend/resume database replication.

·         We continue to improve performance and harden our Encryption at
REST<http://docs.marklogic.com/guide/security/encryption#chapter> capabilities.
 We also now have native AWS KMS support for Encryption at Rest. MarkLogic
recommends that every customer who is using Encryption at
Rest<http://docs.marklogic.com/guide/security/encryption#id_39108> upgrade to
MarkLogic 9.0-5<https://developer.marklogic.com/products>.

·         Improved robustness and performance in SQL

·         Improved operations support including Containers on RHEL 7.4, Fast
forest failover, telemetry improvements and new metrics in metering.

Please explore our Release Notes<http://docs.marklogic.com/guide/relnotes> for
the full list of New Features in MarkLogic
9.0-5<http://docs.marklogic.com/guide/relnotes/chap3#id_32477>.

Content

  *   Gabo Manuel walks through how to avoid and resolve "unresolvable"
deadlocks<http://developer.marklogic.com/blog/resolving-unresolvable-deadlocks>.
  *   Mike Havey made significant updates to his UML-to-Entity Services
Toolkit<https://github.com/mhavey/marklogic/tree/master/uml2es> and updated his
UML Modeling with MarkLogic's Entity
Services<http://developer.marklogic.com/blog/uml-modeling-marklogic-entity-services>
 blog post. The movie example he writes about has been greatly improved thanks
to his recent enhancements to the toolkit.

Do you have any request for content or topics we haven't covered? Let us
know<mailto:community-reque...@marklogic.com>!

New On Demand Tutorials from MarkLogic University

·         Scaffolding New Projects with
ml-gradle<http://mlu.marklogic.com/ondemand/13b57bec>: Use the ml-gradle
plug-in to create directory structures and MarkLogic configurations. Quickly
deploy and tear down projects and help drive your MarkLogic automation
deployment efforts.

·         Customizing Deployments with
ml-gradle<http://mlu.marklogic.com/ondemand/700237b2>: Learn about deploying
application code and other server-side scripts. Also, use ml-gradle tasks to
load content to MarkLogic databases and apply permissions to secure your data.

·         MarkLogic and PowerBI<http://mlu.marklogic.com/ondemand/eb84953d>:
See how to connect Microsoft's PowerBI business intelligence tool to the
MarkLogic NoSQL database. Use PowerBI to perform data analytics and create data
visualizations based on information stored in MarkLogic.

·         MarkLogic and
MicroStrategy<http://mlu.marklogic.com/ondemand/a788d662>: Connect the
MicroStrategy business intelligence tool to MarkLogic's NoSQL database. Use
MicroStrategy to perform data analytics and create data visualizations based on
information stored in MarkLogic.

Events

  *   Can't make it to the California for MarkLogic
World<https://www.marklogic.com/world/>? Are you in Europe? Then come join us
in Maarssen, Netherlands at MarkLogic
360<https://info.marklogic.com/360-roadshow-northern-europe-reg.html>, the
biggest community event of the year in Northern Europe. You can learn and get
inspired by the presentations of our customers, partners, and MarkLogic experts
about regulatory reporting, GDPR, digital transformation, and situational
awareness.
  *   Do you identify as a Pittsburgher or Pittsburghian? You're in luck. Mike
Burleson just started the NoSQL Pittsburgh
Meetup<https://www.meetup.com/NoSQL-Pittsburgh/> and will be sending out info
on their first Meetup soon. Join the group and be on the lookout.
  *   We have two Meetups in the US East Coast coming up on "Revolutionizing
Digital Transformation by Making It Data Driven". Tuesday, June 5, 2018 in
Boston, MA<https://www.meetup.com/MarkLogic-NoSQL-Boston/events/250169703/>
followed by Thursday, June 7, 2018 in New York,
NY<https://www.meetup.com/NY-MUG/events/250170071/>. If you are close by, join
us!

MarkLogic Jobs

  *   LambdaWerk GmbH is looking for MarkLogic developers in Berlin, Germany.
If you are interested, please reach out to Hans Hübner at
hans.hueb...@lambdawerk.com<mailto:hans.hueb...@lambdawerk.com>.
  *   Linium Resources has an opportunity for a MarkLogic Developer in New York
City. Please feel free to contact
pallavi.bhuj...@linium.com<mailto:pallavi.bhuj...@linium.com> with any
questions.
  *   Princeton Information is seeking a MarkLogic Developer for a client
located in NYC. Please contact Helen Park
(helen.p...@princetoninformation.com<mailto:helen.p...@princetoninformation.com>),
 if you are interested in hearing more.

Recruiters - if you'd like me to include your MarkLogic-related openings in
this newsletter, send them to me before the first of each month.

Pop Quiz: What Am I?
I am the Robin to your silo-busting Operational Data Hub Batman. I make you
fast like The Flash as you build a Data Hub on top of MarkLogic. I help you
follow Data Hub best practices so you don't get into trouble when danger
strikes. I integrate and harmonize your data at scale, like all good sidekicks
do. What am I? Click here to see if you were
right!<https://marklogic.github.io/marklogic-data-hub/>

Happy May!

Trinh

Trinh N. Lieu
Senior Manager, Developer Community
MarkLogic Corporation
trinh.l...@marklogic.com<mailto:trinh.l...@marklogic.com>
Phone: 703.854.8561
www.marklogic.com<http://www.marklogic.com/>
[MLW18_EmailSignature-for PCs]<http://www.cvent.com/d/4tq5tr>
This e-mail and any accompanying attachments are confidential. The information
is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any
review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this e-mail communication
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify us immediately by returning this message to the sender and delete all
copies. Thank you for your cooperation.