Some input from me about what I think of what technoligy to use. This is
just my opinion and of corse I'm willing to learn something new if thats
what you think would work the best.

> On Jun 30, 2005, at 7:24 PM, Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
>
>> To my knowledge here are the best known candiates (plus some others
>> I've
>> heard discussed.)
>>
>>  - Java JSP/Struts.

Java and JSP + Struts I know well... the easy way to get a result. Java
is my main programming language and I personaly think I know it well
regarding webapplication in Java, J2EE and struts.

>>  - Cocoon (Stefano has spent significant time on this, he feels it
>> is worth
>> evaluating.)

Cocoon: I have never used it but sounds like I can get som help from
Stefano. So that might work for me to.

>>  - mod_python (Leo has spent some time on this, he feels it is worth
>> evaluating.)

mod_python: I have never used python, so that sound like a challange but
challanges is just a good thing... It all depends on what I need to have
finished at the end of summer of code.

>>  - PHP (why not?)

PHP: I have done som work with PHP. But I rather prefer some type of
Java or none script language before PHP.

> To toss another idea out there...
>
>     I highly recommend Ruby on Rails - it's elegant, clean, and ties
> to a DB easily.
>

> Erik

    Ruby on Rails: never used it never even programed in Ruby. But the
same gose here as for mod_python.

To summarize this. I prefer a java based language and framework. The
advantage of using mod_python is that alot of other thing in gump and
around gump is written in python. I don't have anything against lerning
something new but the result will take abit longer and would not be as
good implemented as if had been Javabased.

I don't know what and how much I need to do compleat the summer of code
project. My intention and hope is that I can keep on working on this and
be a part of the Gump project even after the summer of code.

For the moment I'm setting Gump and I'm trying to get it to work. I'm
also trying to get an over view of the database and what all the tables is.

/Thomas