On 2010-12-09, Ludmila Shikhvarg wrote:

> Would you recommend any specific Unix-like system (32-bit or 64-bit)
> and version to run gump: Ubuntu, RHEL, OEL, SLES, or someting else.

Our current installations run on Ubuntu, FreeBSD and MacOS X Server, all
of them 64bit.  In the past we've also used a Solaris zone and until our
last upgrade the Ubuntu instance was a 32bit machine.

64bit basically means you'll need more memory - unless OpenJDK7's
compressed pointers work as well as promised 8-)

I think there is a single project that needs to know whether it is
building on a 32 or 64 bit system and specifies it in its descriptor -
this will be set to 64 right now.