Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
> >> I think we cover all the rest of the requirements - but I'll double
> >> check - except for our logos that need "TM" symbols.  I'm still not
> >> capable of doing any artwork so please, who ever feels like using Gimp
> >> or Photoshop or Paint, you are more than welcome to TMify the bench
> >> logos (the one on our main site as well as the one on our reports).
>
> > I am no graphics expert either. I started a Forrest
> > plugin to assist with this. See config patch at GUMP-163
>
> Many many thanks.

However, i noticed yesterday (at Forrest) that the
generated PNG has changed colour. Same for Gump.
Drat. (FOR-1226)

We have been needing to update the Batik used by
both Cocoon and Forrest for some time. Perhaps that
will help.

> > It overlays a trademark symbol using SVG to create a
> > new image.
>
> IIUC we could merge the overlay directly into the logo, is that correct?
> I'm not familiar with SVG at all but maybe that needs to change anyway.

Yes it could. This plugin was just a simple solution
to take an existing PNG and generate a new PNG.

Yes looking now at the gump-logo-original.svg
it would be relatively easy to add the "text"
element directly into that SVG.

> > This patch only applies it to the main Gump logo.
> >
> > Add the other "reports" logo to xdoc/images/
> > temporarily (i notice that it has the same filename)
> > or give it a new name.
>
> I think it is bench.svg, but I'm not sure.
>
> > Tweak its related SVG file to position its TM appropriately.

I was only considering doing as above to generate a
new PNG from the old PNG. Yes amending the SVG
directly would be better.

-David